Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Boys

Today Cameron and Harrison turned 4. You know how you look at your children and they look the same day after day, and then one morning you finally notice how much they've grown? That happened to me yesterday. Where did my babies go?

This is the first picture of the boys we ever received, when they were 6 months old. I thought they were the cutest little things ever.


When Tyce and Mary and I made a week's visit to Houston, the boys were 8 months old and so much fun.


My, how things change. One day: babies. Next day: 4-year-olds. Or at least it seems that way.


Today when I returned from yoga at Carmen's house (and I have to give a shout out to Carmen for renewing my flagging interest in exercise), Bryce said, "It hasn't been a good morning." And I was thinking, okay, it's 6:45 a.m. What's gone wrong already?

Apparently the boys unlocked the casita door and saw their unwrapped loot sitting on the bed, which we would have wrapped if Harrison hadn't been up until 11:00 pm the night before. So they brought some of their packages upstairs and cried, "Can you open these for us???" Hmmmmm. It takes a bit of joy out of gift-giving when the giver has neither a camera in hand, nor all of his clothes on.

I don't know how he did it, but Bryce wrestled the presents away from the boys and they seemed okay with it. They asked about them all day, however, and even said, "Thank you so much for getting me that little vacuum! I love my dirt bikes!" which they had seen for all of two minutes.

Anyway, Cam and Harrison and I went to Pump It Up, the place with the inflatable bounce houses and the giant slide. We had a blast. We must have gone on that slide 100 times.

After we came home it was basically that interminable wait until Bryce got home so they could finally have their party. At last the big moment arrived, and guess what. They were just as excited to see that little vacuum and the dirt bikes as they were this morning! So I guess it all worked out just fine.

Thank you, grandparents, for their gifts, which they loved. Heather, we read all the books tonight!

I'll upload pictures soon. Tomorrow I'm picking up my dad from his hotel (convention) and he's staying the weekend with us. Woo hoo!

6 comments:

Rachel McEwen said...

Happy birthday Harrison and Cameron! I love that they found and snuck their presents. Kids will be kids:)

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

You have got some mischievious boys there. I'm sure this is just the beginning of what the Dynamic Duo will be into. Happy 4th Birthday Cameron and Harrison!

Tracey said...

Oh my gosh, those cute chubby little cheeks, I can just eat them up. They have grown so fast. Happy Birthday to the 2 of them!!!!!

Mopsie said...

I had forgotten how cute and chubby they were, and I saw them at 8 months for myself! Hard to believe they're 4 already. And hard to believe I couldn't tell them apart as babies. (tho i didn't see them much, but still . . .) They were SO their individual personalities, even as babies. And now, even cuter! Happy Birthday, C&H!

dave said...

happy birthday cam and harri! we love you guys.

- the cooks

Vigoren Family said...

Wow! They were and still are adorable. What a double bundle of excitement!