Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekly wrap up

1. My brother David came to visit on Wednesday night! He had a convention at Mandalay Bay for his company The Find. I'm telling you, the best thing about living in Las Vegas is that people come visit you. So after I got back from Mutual David drove over here. The twins were asleep, but Tyce and Mary got to see him. For some reason, the big kids both read the whole time. The thing is, I know they were really excited he was here. I guess we'll have to have a FHE titled "Put Your Book Down When Your Uncle Comes to Visit."

So David, I just want to say you how much we all love you! (Especially me.) Thanks for coming over! I would show you a picture to prove you were here, but . . . something was wrong with the lighting and none of them turned out.

2. Storm update from my people. Life is still not back to "normal". I don't believe my parents have power at home (though they've been going to work, probably just to get some A/C), only some gas stations have power, a few restaurants and stores . . . so it's still pretty rough. Right by Heather's house (Bryce's other sister) a tree fell on a power line, and from what I've seen in pictures, that's a common story. Heather and Kim haven't been back to school yet. Our Casa community is doing okay, from the few e-mails I've received. Anyway, I know everyone is still really grateful that the damage wasn't worse but it's still extremely inconvenient.

3. Book club. We had a great meeting at Nancy's house on Thursday. It was fascinating to think that a freed slave (Miss Jane Pittman) lived to see Martin Luther King, Jr.'s rise. More thoughts later.

4. Date night. We had so much fun going out with the Hardys last night. First we went to the temple, and then out to dinner. We all saw people we knew at the temple, which was really nice. Just so you know, if you go to Chevy's so late at night you'd normally be in bed (10:00), a lot of their appetizers are $3.

5. Okay, I have to take the kids to a Primary practice now. I hope to get a few things done with all four kids at the church. Today is also "game day" around here, which is always, shall we say, spirited.

No comments: