Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Pictures

I cheated and let the twins open their gift from Grandma Judy and Grandpa Al a day early because they could hear the noises coming from the box! Cam looks like he's in a trance.


As you can see, they dressed themselves that day. As for me, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.


They loved their new noisy trucks!


On their actual birthday, Cameron and Harrison and I spent the morning at Pump It Up. With all the fun things to do, the boys weren't really amenable to standing around and posing.


Harrison loved that slide!


And Cameron did too!


It was a fun way to start their birthday.


Cam wanted a monkey cake, and Hare wanted an elephant cake, and though I was willing to try a more elaborate design, I went with the "less effort, more candy" effect.


The boys give a shout out to their fans. (Notice the chunk ripped off the front of the cake? That's why I always take a picture BEFORE the party.)


Everyone loves a party blow-out.


Waiting for presents.


Glow worms from Mopsie and Grandpa Jim!


Harrison vacuumed all night.


Cameron, Mary, and Bryce played Candyland.


The kids modeled their new t-shirts: Tyce's says "Homework kills trees--stop the madness", Mary's says, "Most of the people who drive me nuts are in my family," Cameron's says, "Trouble is my business and business is good," and Harrison's says, "Mr. Mischief: Trouble is my middle name". All appropriate sentiments. Thanks, Mom and Dad!


As predicted, the candy was pretty much the only thing eaten that night. But hey, that's what birthdays are for!


It is a pleasure to have not one, but TWO four-year-olds! I love my little guys.

3 comments:

brooklyn said...

happy birthday to cameron and harrison! so glad it was so fun.

awesome cake--nice work mom!

(our presents are late--but coming. i hope mexico and adjusting to real life are excuse enough for you to forgive us!)

Jenn said...

Wow I can't believe they are already four. Time flies doesn't it. Aren't we lucky to be able to stay home and enjoy this time with the kids, it goes so fast.

Jenn said...

Wow I can't believe they are already four. Time flies doesn't it. Aren't we lucky to be able to stay home and enjoy this time with the kids, it goes so fast.