Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Breaking Fashion News

Henderson, Nevada

The fashion duo of Jones and Jones released their latest creation yesterday.

"I was just enduring quiet time in my room when inspiration struck," says Cameron
Jones, founder of the new line. "I was emptying my dresser drawers, like I do every day. I've already tried the whole pajamas-as-daywear thing, the long-sleeved-sweater-during-the-sweltering-summer look, and I was just looking for something new. Suddenly I spied a Wal-Mart bag. Where some people see "future trash bag" I see "future outfit."


Sources close to the duo say that Harrison was supportive of his twin brother's creative direction.



"I mean, what are you going to do with those bags anyway?" he said. "This is fashion with a purpose. Truly genius."

The trend's debut was met with mixed reactions.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Do you have any underwear on?" cried one onlooker.

"Awww, they look like little homeless children," said another.

Although the bags are given at local retailers for free, the brothers maintain that every good idea comes with a price tag. "How much will we charge? Well, to get the look exactly right, you really need to go with one of our originals. I figure it took Cameron, like, 10 seconds to stretch it correctly, and tear the leg openings with his feet. It's more involved than it sounds. I'm thinking about eleventeen dollars. Or a pack of Otter Pops," said Harrison.

The boys have been forbidden to wear their creations on the street, putting a damper in projected sales. "Great design is never understood!" cried a defiant Cameron, punching his fist in the air as he was wrestled out of his erstatz overalls by the fashion police.



I don't think the world has seen the last of this creative team's work.

9 comments:

Kimpromptu said...

Thanks for a great laugh! Absolutely amazing what those two can come up with. Are you ready for another weekend in SF?

Kimpromptu said...

Nate says that was fantastic reporting.

Kimpromptu said...

Pray that they don't combine ideas with Grandpa Al and his duct tape!

Can you tell that we are loving this story??

Lance and Kim said...

Rebecca,
What a small world. One of my sons is Bryce Jones. He still goes by Byrcen right now. And it looks like your daughter is named Kimberly, same name as my wife.
I was suprised to see that you did not move back to Texas. I gave up psychology and now am a civil engineer.
Good to hear from you. It looks like you had a fun trip to San Francisco. My wife and I lived there for a year. It is nice to visit but way too crowded to live. We now live in Folsom, CA (near Sacramento).
You look like you have a very fun and happy family.
Take care,
Lance

brooklyn said...

oh my. totally geniusly hilarious!

Rebecca and Co. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mopsie said...

I thought nothing the twins do would surprise me, but I'm always wrong! They're amazingly creative. If you can just channel it in positive ways. . .
Has Cameron gotten that much taller than Harrison? Or is it just camera perspective?
Love the reporting style. Maybe you should go out for journalism!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Mom, it must be the way they were standing because H. is still a little bit taller than C.

P.S. I think it's too late for me to go out for journalism! LOL

Vigoren Family said...

That is hilarious! Creative little dudes!