Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kids, don't try this at home (ever again)

A few days ago I was getting cereal for the twins' breakfast when Mary came crying down the stairs. "Mom! Mom! It's stuck and I can't get it off!" When she calmed down I got the whole picture: She'd been listening to a book on CD at night, and knowing that the current CD was about to end, slipped the next on one her finger for a quick change. Unfortunately for her, she fell asleep before she could make the change. Unfortunately for me, this was a library CD, and all my attempts to save it were in vain. After 20 minutes of wrangling, twisting, shoving, oiling, soaping, and crying I finally gave up. For the sake of the finger I had to cut the dang CD.

Before . . .


. . . After


Once I fell asleep with a rubber band around my finger (to remind me to do something in the morning). All I could remember when I woke up was that putting a rubber band around my finger was a really, really painful idea. I can imagine that a CD would be even worse, poor thing.

No comments: