Monday, June 23, 2008

The first day of summer break

School's been out for two weeks but Mary just went on track break, and so for us--well, the summer's just beginning. I am a little nervous. A sometimes-surly preteen, a temperamental middle child, and two wild little boys can make my most well thought out activities seem ridiculous.

I got a Laurel advisor for YW, and she taught on Sunday. The girls seemed to love her--she had great personal stories to go with the lesson. She was timid and a little self-conscious but she was great and I look forward to getting to know her better.

Bryce has a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals thing he's working on and is working like a madman. He has to have everything done by July 3rd. Then his whole office travels to SF so the judge can have his turn to sit in on the 9th Circuit, kind of like a substitute. Apparently all the judges within the circuit are asked to take a turn.

Guess what. I get to tag along for part of this excursion too!

Heather is coming to watch the kids, and Bryce and I will have a little vacation, after the work part is over. I'm really looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Dad77345 said...

9th Circuit Court of Appeals= WACKO GRANDE! Bryce better watch out- sort of like going into the lion's den (or den of theives!). He better have on his armor plated suit while he's up there. Give 'em heck, Bryce.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Dad, you are hilarious even though I know you're not kidding.