Monday, June 16, 2008

Girls Camp--The Beach

We checked out San Onofre but it was super surfer crowded (but no nudists). So we found a new one. I figured out where we were. It was Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. No wonder it was so nice, right? It was about 10 min. away from from our campsite. I didn't drive so I spent my time gabbing . . . it could've been an hour away for how well I kept track of time. j/k

The girls loved boogie boarding and swimming every day. One night we had a luau on the beach! One of the men leaders had to shoo a group of boys away from our pretty hula girls.

Getting splashed.


Boogie boarding girls.


Hula Hoop contest at the luau.


Limbo!


The Bishopric came down for Thursday night (the luau) and Friday afternoon. They stayed in a condo in Oceanside owned by one of the counselor's old friends. We got to swim at the private beach there . . . and even saw dolphins! I can't imagine how much it must cost to live there, but I suggested that we sell our stake camp at Kolob Canyon in favor of buying a beach house. Good idea, no? For lunch, the Bishop ordered us pizza, which I thought was so nice until I realized it came out of our Camp budget!

One of the homes on the private beach. I want this to be my summer home.


The coastline. These will all be my new neighbors.


Waiting to catch a wave.


Proof that I actually enjoyed myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only all of my Girl's Camps could have been at the beach! All we had were woods and bugs! I still loved every minute. It sounds like your camp was amazing!

Heather

Mopsie said...

Please do buy your summer home on the beach. Then we can come visit (and maybe forget to make a return reservation!) I'm glad camp turned out so well. But who wouldn't love working with you. You're awesome!