Saturday, June 7, 2008

Where has the week gone?

Sorry if you keep checking and there's been nothing new. I guess I've just been busier than normal, in the not-interesting-enough-to-report vein. Oh wait . . . this is my blog and I can tell you whatever I want! So let me start by saying that I reorganized my utensil drawers . . .

Just kidding. It hasn't been that dull around here.

Well here's a jazzy little tidbit: Bryce bought a new car. You heard it here, folks. It is a 2008 Hyundai Elantra, pre-owned. Have you noticed that "pre-owned" is just so much more classy than "used"? I think it's the hyphen. I have tons and tons of pictures but I'm going to keep you in suspense. I know, can you stand it? For now, you have to visualize. Think four-door sedan with good gas mileage. What color do you think it is?

Don't worry, I'll post a photo eventually.

I took the kids to the dentist yesterday. Tyce dodged another bullet and is still cavity-free, while Mary has three cavities to be filled. The twins ran around the office (they have a different dentist) and I was pretty glad that nobody melted down during our two hour stay.

We watched the Peter Sellers movie The Party last night and it was, as my grandma would say, a hoot.

Today I went shopping for some camping gear and handouts for my YW lesson tomorrow. We leave for Girls Camp on Tuesday morning. I had a meeting with the camp leaders this week and can I just say . . . I am so glad they are in charge. They are capable, competent, creative ladies and I know we're going to have a blast. I am happy just to supervise (it's ironic that *I'm* in a position to oversee anything involving camping!) and help when asked. Or volunteer. I keep offering to do crafts and other things I'm really not good at.

Tyce's last day of 6th grade was on Wednesday. He's pretty excited. I have a bunch of book reports to assign him, so perhaps his giddiness will be short-lived.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

i guess silver.

good luck with camp--that's they way of callings, i think they search high and low for the person with the least experience to plan it (i've never been to a luau in my life).