Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts

You know how when you're thinking about a lot of things and there's a lot of stuff going on--not major scary stuff, but more like, "How should I handle this," and "What should I do next about that,"--and you just feel unsettled all the time? Kind of anxious, or somehow vaguely freaky?

Well, now you've looked into my brain. For your safety, please bring a flashlight.

Tonight Bryce and I are going on a double date with our good friends. I was surprised when I saw J. at a stake meeting and he said to me, "It looks like we're going out this weekend!" I looked around with a nervous laugh but no one seemed to think it sounded weird.

In other news, I've been reading my old journals. In some ways I love looking in on my younger self, to see how much I've grown and all the good experiences I get to remember. I was such a cute girl! But in other ways I'm like, "Wow, this is so embarrassing. Why did I think this or that?"

The worst is all the drama surrounding the boys I loved. I want to yell into those pages, "Don't do it! Don't call him again! Seriously, did you not get the hint the first time? You're better off moving on RIGHT NOW!" And yet, the drama rolls on. Ugh.

My only consolation is that by writing all that down, perhaps I saved some poor roommate or friend from listening to my ramblings.

Hmmmmmm . . . probably not.

5 comments:

Mopsie said...

Love the new blog look. That picture of the kids makes me laugh. Excellent choice!
At least you have journals to look at. We lazy procrastinators don't. I've written reams in my head, but never got it down on paper. Enjoy them!
How was your date??

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I can't even read my old journals because I know they are all about boy woes--didn't I have anything else going on in my life that I could write about? You may not have saved your roomates from your ramblings, but in 10 years or so, you might save Mary from heart break. Check out our blog(alnccpen-oppositesattract.blogspot.com)

brooklyn said...

oh goodness...aren't old journals frighteningly fun! hmmm, it would probably be overshare, but a post of old journal quotes would be so fun! i sware i was smarter back then. i have pages about quantum mechanics and the gospel--wha???--of course they're smashed between many more pages of boy drama.

like your new layout! and i agree with mopsie--that picture is perfect!

Tracey said...

I have a confession to make, I know who "J" is. I saw you guys driving down the street turning on to racetrack as I was turning up Newport. Just happend to be in the right place at the right time. LOL

Rebecca and Co. said...

Wait a minute! I don't know who "J.' is. What's going on here???!!!!

Bryce