Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stitches

Someone sliced him-/herself on the knuckle trying to chop a frozen smoothie with a knife. Who do you think it was?

The urgent care doctor said he was going to give a shot to numb the area, and I asked about the lidocaine cream, which is what our other kids have gotten when stitches have been in order.

He said, really amiably, "I don't know, do you think I should?" It was exactly the kind of response I would expect if I'd been with a girlfriend deciding what to order for lunch.

(Wow, it all looks so good! I'm thinking of ordering the nachos.

No, you totally should get the crab cakes. They're more expensive but everyone says they're worth it.)

It was a little disconcerting, this ER doctor asking my opinion about something I know nothing about. Strangely, the patient got both the cream AND the shot. And five stitches.

We went to Sonic afterwards, so if it weren't for the injury, then . . . well, we'd have had a pretty boring afternoon, wouldn't we?

6 comments:

Jen said...

hi, Im sorry its taken me so long to say thank you!!! I will for sure look into that. I should have thought. Weve used the mac version of that and also snapfish. GREAT IDEA. I also noticed that you like byu sports. My nephew is the QB for byu. Just fun info.

see you at circa :)

brooklyn said...

based on his recent penchant for injuries and dangerous incidents, i'll have to vote for tyce.

Dad77345 said...

Never a dull moment around the Jones house, that's for sure! I can hardly wait until they are old enough to drive a car- on second thought, that's too scary to even think about. I hope injured he/she is getting plenty of sympathy from mom and dad.

Rachel McEwen said...

Yeah, I would have to say Tyce. He is just full of never ending adventures....and injuries:) I hope that whoever it is is Ok. But I do agree, go with the crab cakes, they are always better....nice doctor!

Betsy Fowler said...

I'm utterly disappointed that there is no picture of th stitches

Rebecca and Co. said...

Betsy, be prepared to be utterly fascinated when I show them to you tomorrow!