Saturday, August 9, 2008

Late Nights and Early Mornings

I've been burning the candle at both ends. I had a Sesame Street deadline this week for starters, and then there was book club, and yesterday Mary and Sara had a "late night" over here (like a sleepover without sleeping over). That's right. All the mayhem and none of the sleep. They made a space ship out of laundry baskets, watched the movie "Eragon," and caught bugs in the jungle. I mean, our backyard.

But I have to keep Mary busy or she entertains herself, like taking pictures of herself doing this:

or this.

My memory card is always full of surprises.

Anyway, we have both night owls and early birds around here. It's been hard to greet the little boys with enthusiasm when they come bounding in our room before 7 a.m. You know that song, 9 to 5?
Tumble outta bed
And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawnin', stretchin', tryin' to come to life

That's how I feel. Except I work 6 to 11. And I could totally use a giant kettle of ambition.

This morning it wasn't the twins waking me up, it was my husband. I had to drive Tyce and Bryce to the church at 6:00 a.m. to load up for Scout camp. Good thing I was so tired because the realization that they'll be gone for a week didn't really hit me.


I'm sure they'll have a great time at Camp Kern. It's in northern California somewhere between Yosemite and Sequoia and they have to take a barge in to the camp. Sounds pretty cool already.

The three boys are ready for the long trip. But are the leaders . . . ?


And now I'm hoping that Bob the Builder can babysit for a while so I can take a cat nap. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Mer said...

Hey Rebecca-
Of course I don't mind if you blog stalk me. I am such a stalker myself. your blog is so cute. Tracey is always saying that you write the funniest things. Each one of your kids have such diffrent personalities. I could never see Tyce taking some crazy pictures of himself. Any how stalk away and I will do you. Any time you would like to leave a comment I would love to hear from you.

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I admit that I am partially to blame for your late nights. I didn't mean to stay past twelve after book club. Thanks for the tip about Sonic! I'm putting it on the calendar.

The Hardy's said...

You are very creative in your entries. Your pictures are all so fun too. We're all about Sonic too. My kids love their fruit slushes and I love Happy Hour.

Natalie said...

Thanks for taking a picture of the boys before they left. I am pretty much dead to the world at the hour of the morning. I hope they all are surviving. It makes a big difference to have one of your children out of the mix, must I miss Dallin already. Natalie