Monday, February 23, 2009

And on the 7th day . . .

"Sunday is a day of rest," the teacher tells the class.

Not at our house, not this week.

This was yesterday's schedule.

7:00 a.m. Bryce went to a stake meeting.

9:15 a.m. Got a call from Bryce, reminding me that ward council started fifteen minutes ago.

9:30 a.m. Met Bryce and others at ward council while Tyce watched the kids at home.

9:45 a.m. Bryce left to make appts. for the stake presidency.

10:00 a.m. Ward council ended. Went home to find Mary still asleep, and the rest of the kids still in their pajamas watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast on TV.

10:35 a.m. Bryce came home.

10:55 a.m. Bryce and Cameron left for sacrament meeting. I stayed home with sick children.

12:15 p.m. I left for church so I could do some business before Young Women. Passed Bryce on the road as he was coming home. We waved.

2:20 p.m. Cameron and I came home. Mary was still asleep!

3:00 pm. I left for a YW presidency meeting.

5:15 p.m. I returned home.

6:30 p.m. Bryce left to extend a calling to a ward member.

6:55 p.m. I left to go visiting teaching. Bryce and I waved at each other as we passed on the road.

9:00 p.m. I came home and fell in to bed.

And then we watched Flight of the Conchords. Together at last, holding hands in the the light of the TV screen.

It was a busy, but not unhappy, Sunday.

Now it's Monday and I'm sitting here in my pjs with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. There are a million things I could be doing.

Apparently I have declared today my make-up day of rest.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I agree. Monday's are usually my day of rest, because everyone else is gone. :) Do you know where I can get my blog published? Robin told me you print yours.

Mopsie said...

You should have come to my house. Dad was out of town and after church I just vegged the rest of the day. Truly a day of rest! (And recovering from a cold.)
One day you'll look back and marvel at your super-self. Go Rebie!