Friday, February 6, 2009

25 things about me

I wasn't going to post this because I thought it would be information overload. And then I thought, well, what else am I going to write today?


That my house is finally clean?

That I'm teaching a lesson on Virtue this Sunday?

That our garage door broke and the part won't be in for another week?

Not today. But I need to say something.

So here it is. Some of this you already know, and some . . . well, prepare to be razzle dazzled. Yeah!

I assume you already know that my family and my faith are the two most important things to me. I'm going to do my best to tell you *random* things and not give you my entire life story in chronological order.

1. I am very organized and like to do things in chronological order.

2. I did a study abroad program to Italy while in college. I gave a report on Dante, while standing IN Dante’s house. (Not an inferno.)

3. I became a foster parent, and consequently a first-time mom, when I was 23.

4. I have a special talent when it comes to swatting flies.

5. Late at night, sometimes I check the LOST message boards for theories and freak myself out with the possibilities.

6. I love making heart-shaped food on Valentine’s Day like pancakes and breadsticks.

7. I was once told by a former BF that he dumped me because I was a boring conversationalist.

8. I am very, very loyal. If you were ever my friend (including boyfriends and crushes) you will always be special to me. I have probably googled you to find out what you’re up to. I know, I’m a border-line stalker . . . but a cheerful, harmless one.

9. I played the French horn all through college, and then for things like Christmas programs. Now my oldest son plays the French horn and I have dreams of us wearing matching powder blue outfits and performing duets.

10. I bought a 3-year-old baby grand piano for $300 off of craigslist.

11. I love that I have dark brown eyes, just like all of my kids.

12. I believe in asking questions, even though sometimes I know it makes me look like an idiot.

13. I dislike being invited to “shopping parties” because I feel obligated to buy something I usually don’t want.

14. I love to learn and would love to go back to school for a masters degree--maybe in psychology, school counseling, social work, or English.

15. My husband is the most down-to-earth, rock-solid person I know. On a road trip to Las Vegas (1994) his roommate Shaun said to me, “Whoever Bryce marries will be one lucky woman.” I barely knew Bryce back then but always remembered that--and he was right.

16. I love symmetry. Circles and squares are my favorite shapes. (Does anyone else over the age of 5 have a favorite shape?)

17. I look good in red.

18. I am blessed to love serving others, and particularly love serving young people. I love teenagers but am strangely afraid of having one of my own.

19. I think I look hot in my mini-van.

20. I would love to serve a church mission to Africa someday.

21. My dream job would be dictionary editor or something in the field of etymology.

22. I LOVE my brother and his family. I always, always wished I had more brothers and sisters and resolved that I would definitely have more than two children.

23. My 9-year-old daughter is one of the most fascinating, creative, intuitive people I know.

24. I might have to break up with my hair stylist because I can’t afford to keep getting highlights and I’m not sure how to tell her.

25. I like to make up jokes. I love to laugh. I usually laugh at my own jokes, so I keep myself pretty happy.

4 comments:

The Covie said...

You are so funny! I totally agree with being organized and being loyal even though some may call it stalking we just call it caring. Right? That is cool that you went abroad for school! I enjoyed reading all your answers and I am glad we are friends!

The Hardy's said...

I CANNOT believe #7! You are one of the best people to talk to. At least I have great conversations with you!

jessenpetty said...

I love #8. I am the same way with all my friends and family. Even the ones that were just an acquaintance. I love reading your entries and am also blown away at #7. You are one of the funnest people to talk to. But I have to laugh because I wonder what my friends use to think about me way back when.

jessenpetty said...

I love #8. I am the same way with all my friends and family. Even the ones that were just an acquaintance. I love reading your entries and am also blown away at #7. You are one of the funnest people to talk to. But I have to laugh because I wonder what my friends use to think about me way back when.