Thursday, January 8, 2009

Twins' first day of preschool

They started at the local elementary this afternoon! I have full confidence that half a year of preschool here, and then a full year at a "normal" preschool next year will ready the boys for kindergarten. I am so proud of them. They have overcome so much in their short lives, and they continue to delight and surprise me with their progress.

(I'm defining "progress" as recognizing letters, for example, and not figuring out how to pick any lock in our house.)

Cameron was a little nervous to go to school, but Harrison was confident, and their teacher is wonderful, so I knew it would all be okay.

Before preschool, Harrison chose his outfit. Cameron went to the dresser and put on the exact same one!



At the school, the boys enjoyed running and playing. You might notice Harrison had changed his outfit by the time 12:30 rolled around.



Here's where I said goodbye to the newest additions to a very cute class.

And what did I do with my time?

Went to the store for a box of hair color, colored my hair, and nearly shrieked when I looked in the mirror.

Now I know what "overprocessed" means.

No comments: