Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dinner conversation

Tyce: Today in Band we played Jeopardy to get us ready for our exam.

Me: Really? That sounds fun.

Tyce: Yeah, there were two teams and this one guy started laughing like crazy.

Me: Why was he laughing?

Tyce: Well we asked him the same question and he said "I don't know," but he kept laughing.

Me: He didn't know why he was laughing?

Tyce: Nope. The teacher said, "That'll be 1000 points from Team B."

Me: Was he on your team?

Tyce: No, I was the scorekeeper. Mrs. Rich said, "Be quiet or we'll take away another 1000 points."

And the kid said, "But I know why I'm laughing now."

And all the other kids whispered, "Shut up!"

And he said, "Okay, but I have to tell you why I was laughing."

And the kids yelled, "SHUT UP!"

And he said, "But I know why I'm laughing now."

And the kids yelled, "STOP TALKING!"

Then someone said, "Okay just tell us and then BE QUIET."

And then finally he said, "The reason I was laughing was . . . well now I can't remember."

And then Mrs. Rich said, "Congratulations Team B, you won. You were supposed to get the least amount of points."

And the kids looked happy and said, "Really?"

And she said, "No."

And then the kid started laughing again.

Me: Oh my goodness.

Tyce: Yeah.

God bless middle school teachers.

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

i can say with confidence that middle school teachers will happily accept any blessings sent their way! :-)