Monday, October 27, 2008

"Me and my Dad"

Dictated to me (Rebecca) by Mary. Sorry if you read this before I had a chance to correct spelling--she's a fast talker.

Hi, Mary here. Mom wanted me to tell you about my vacation with my fun and exciting dad since I'm on track break, and I guess she thinks Dad is taking too long.

When we first got to the Excalibur hotel, me and my dad called on the telephone for our bags. When they brought them up, me and my dad slipped on our swimsuits and went out to check out the swimming pool.



It was fun because we were the only ones who stayed long. We had the whole pool to ourselves! I grabbed onto Dad's back real tight and then he would go underwater and swim as long as he could. Once I even stood up on his back like I was surfing. We went back and forth between the hot tub and the pool. That's it for the pool.

After we went swimming Dad and I went and looked around the food court. I decided to get a cheese pizza from Pizza Hut. You even had your very own box of breadsticks with three breadsticks in it. Dad got pepperoni pizza with breadsticks. He let me have Moutain Dew even though it was late at night.

Then we went down to the game place, the kid section. We played lots of carnival games and I won about a billion prizes. The best one I did was where there were a bunch of white cups and there were five red cups, four blue cups, and three yellow cups, and was one green cup in the middle. If you got the ball in the middle green one, you could choose any prize you wanted. And I got it in the green cup on the 7th try! (You got 10 balls.) I chose a big black dog with a bone collar.



After me and my dad finished the carnival games, we went back up to our room at about 8 or 9:30. Then we looked on "On Demand" and we selected a movie. Before we started the movie we went back downstairs and got an ice cream and a fresh donut straight from the factory. I got cotton candy ice cream with gummi bears and cherries and caramel on top. We went back into the room and watched the movie and ate our snack. We watched "Narnia 2: Prince Caspian."

Then after the movie, me and my dad talked in our beds for a while about our day. Then we went to sleep at about 12:30 at night!

When we woke up the next morning we ordered room service and it took an HOUR for our food to get here.



After we ate our breakfast, we went to my dad's work office and I got a sucker, three Crunch bars, a Heath bar, and one gumball.

After we went Dad's office we went to Circus Circus. At Circus Circus I rode on a ride called "The Inverter". It was fun and scary at the same time. What happened was, you basically were in a guitar shaped ride, where it kept going around and around slowly, back and forth, and then the scariest part was when it held you upside down in your seat for about 20 seconds. After I rode on The Inverter, me and my dad went on a ride called "The Disco." You were on a moon shaped track going on a flat disk that was spinning around while it was going side to side on the track.

After that me and my dad went on the most scariest roller coaster that I ever went on. And it wasn't scary because it was going fast and there were a million loops that were going upside down and round and round. It was because when we got off the ride, we heard the people talking. They said, "It wasn't supposed to do that! Why did it do that?" and me and my dad realized that we had been on a ride in which our safety was dependent on some teenager reading the instructions right!

Then me and my dad went back to the hotel and went swimming AGAIN. After that we headed for the carnival games again. Dad said last time we spent all his money on games and he had to get more money so this time he set a very low budget. It was only $20. After that we went back to the food court and ate lunch. This time we had pizza again, just the same thing as we got last time.

After that we went to the dragon store and looked around. I saw a very interesting book and sat down and started reading. Dad let me get two lollipops and a princess headband for the show we were going to that night.



And he let me pick two glass sculptures of dragons. One was an egg with two dragon heads sticking out of it. I named the two baby dragons Solis and Luna. And the other dragon sculpture was a dragon sitting on a pile of rocks wrapped around a dead tree. I named him Gemini.

Then we went to the show! It was called the Tournament of Kings. Our king was the King of France. He wore a light blue shirt and cape and dark navy blue pants with a gold stripe down the sides. He won the whole tournament because he was the one who saved the king. And he won the sword fighting, and the jousing match. And he also defeated the evil dragon lord. At the end, he let me pet his horse and then he let me sit on the horse, and take a picture with him.



The next morning we went the the Ethel M chocolate factory. When we were finished with the tour he let me choose 12 chocolates to take home! Then instead of leaving right away we sat in the garden and talked while we ate some of the chocolates. Then we headed for home.

Next time we go on a trip I want to do the exact same thing, because it was fun! I was very excited when we left because I haven't been able to spend time with my dad for a long time. I love you, Dad!

And that's the end of our vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, it sounds like you had an amazing time! I've always secretly wanted to see the jousting show at excalibur. You are quite the game player! I can't believe how many stuffed animals you won! You've got mad skills!
Love ya,
Heather

brooklyn said...

love it! sounds like the dream day (and night and day) for any kid!

love the dragon names. and i L-O-V-E her hair before she went swimming. (i'm actually quite jealous).

what a great parents for providing such a magical time!