Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Feelings

I just love to get in touch with my emotions--can't you tell? j/k Of course you can.

Today I'm feeling stressed out because of my church work. I have two big events coming up and I just found out that there will be personnel changes in our organization. I was overwhelmed with the two upcoming events BEFORE I knew about anything. I really loved things the way they were, which was my big mistake. I should have just grouched and grumbled about everything, and three years from now I'd still be in the same position.

But I'm grouchy and grumbly about my new neighbors, so using that logic, I'm pretty sure they'll be here for the long haul. They really, really love Halloween. It looks like K Mart's after-holiday clearance sale threw up in their yard. Yeah, I said it.

Is it bad to begrudge someone the joy of putting 8 inflatable decorations on a 10x10 plot of rock? Or to attach a huge green inflatable skull to your roof, while screcrows, spiderwebs, and blinking lights litter the remaining space? Or to keep your junky garage open all day and night while you sit in the driveway on a vinyl lawn chair, shirtless?

Don't answer that.

I know.

This is something I must work on.

3 comments:

Mer said...

I am right there with you! I feel very overwhelmed in my calling. I will get through it and I am not in the position you are in. About your neighbors, you painted such a picture in my head that I have to drive by tonight!!!

Dad77345 said...

Sounds like the neighbors moved to LV from Deep East Texas!

Betsy Fowler said...

hahahahhahaha