Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WHO I AM

I am level-headed and open-hearted.
I know I am a daughter of God.
I want whirled peas.
I think a lot of truth is spoken in jest.
I dislike when kids wake up before me.
I miss living in Texas.
I feel good when I use my talents.
I hear children playing in the backyard.
I smell spicy salsa in the kitchen.
I crave lemon bars.
I cry a lot more than I used to.
I usually do things by the book.
I search the Internet for recipes and long lost friends.
I wonder how my children will turn out.
I regret the times I have put off a child's request to read a story.
I love teasing Bryce.
I care too much what others think.
I always plan good birthday parties.
I worry about my home's declining value.
I am not a door slammer.
I remember my dog Maggie.
I never ever swear.
I believe that that I am doing my best.
I dance a lot better in my mind than in real life.
I sing in ward choir.
I don't always meet my own expectations.
I argue politely or back down.
I write to express my feelings and keep my sanity.
I win at word games.
I lose at puzzle or strategy games.
I wish all children could grow up in happy, stable homes.
I listen to the TV news on my kitchen radio.
I don't understand why power is so important to people.
I usually can be found at the computer or in the kitchen.
I am scared of tight spaces.
I forget how hard life used to be.
I am happy when I cross everything off my list.

6 comments:

Aranne and Dan said...

I think you are great. I don't know you all that well but I am learning more and more about you through this blog and think you are a great mother and great example to those around you!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Aranne, thank you!!! I feel the same about you.

brooklyn said...

that's a fun one! i'm suprised you loose puzzle and strategy games--certainly you are saavy enough, you must not care all that much (since power is not important to you).

Rebecca and Co. said...

Hmmm, good observation, Brooklyn. I guess I mean power in the "world domination" sense and not in the "Candyland smackdown" sense.

Two games I am particularly un-good at are Boggle and Chess--a puzzle game and a strategy game.

I actually *do* care about winning . . . probably a little too much. Our marriage almost ended after the first year due to hurt feelings over Gin Rummy.

Anonymous said...

Yep, we've come a long way in the past twelve years haven't we?

Bryce

Rebecca and Co. said...

I love you, anonymous!