Saturday, October 25, 2008

Daddy-Daughter Days

A year-and-a-half ago Bryce and Mary had a really cool excursion planned, just the two of them, to San Diego. They were going to the Wild Animal Park, a whale-watching cruise, and the beach. Bryce loaded the car the night before, and at 5 a.m., all that was left was to lift the sleeping beauty herself into the back seat.

But I ruined the plan. I became horribly ill with strep throat, stomach flu, yellow fever, Johnny fever, and monkey pox. (Well, that's how it felt. I just had the first one.) And through my tears I begged him to just go, to have a great time with his little girl, because I knew how much she wanted this trip.

But in my heart I knew I couldn't take care of two 2-year-olds for even a few minutes, let alone a few days.

And so they stayed.

So all this time I've felt bad about their canceled vacation. Bryce and Mary had talked at length about rescheduling, of course, but other obligations and plans interfered. Until now.

They finally had their trip, and it was grand.

I will allow Bryce the pleasure of writing about their actual vacation, but I thought I'd post a picture just to tease you. Can you tell where they stayed?

1 comment:

brooklyn said...

it was so fun to hear mary tell me all about it! what a memorable experience for her. can't wait to see pics!