Thursday, May 31, 2012

Almost the End of School

I am practicing positive thinking about this reality.


I have a little last-day-of-school present for each kid: sunglasses for Tyce, goggles for the other kids. I might buy some crazy nail polish for Mare and a water gun or something for the boys, something that says SUMMER IS HERE. I have lots of ideas for crafts and stuff. I will be Hobby Lobby's favorite person after I empty my wallet there.

I wish I could squish my kids' ages together just for these 3 months.

Here's what I was thinking though, and I think it's a good idea. Each kid could have one day a week where I focus on them: for example, on Monday I would be Tyce's chauffeur and take his friends around to the movies or swimming or whatever. Then on Tuesday I could do crafts with Mary and her girly friends. Another day would be all about the twins doing what soon-to-be-2nd-graders enjoy. Every day we'd work on the house and some personal projects so we don't end up an an episode of Hoarders. Then I could spend all weekend at the spa to recuperate. Can I get an amen.

All I know is that no matter what we do, I'm super glad to not have homework to deal with.


No comments: