Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wrapping Up the Week

Thursday was the last day of seminary and OH MY HECK was it a welcome day. Love the kids, love the Old Testament but teaching 2-3 days a week so early in the morning is taxing. It's like planning a Sunday School lesson and a birthday party every other day. I am so happy to have the summer to recover and get ready for teaching the New Testament in the Fall.

We are in super-speed mode in planning for girls camp and I know it's going to be great. We have 30 girls coming! How fun will that be? Did I tell you we changed the location? Now we're going to Zion Ponderosa. For better or for worse it'll all be over in less than a month. But I am pretty sure it's going to be a BLAST and I'm glad to get to be there with Mary. I asked her if she was glad I was going and she said, "No, because you're probably going to make me take a SHOWER!" Ha.

Mary had some cavities filled, much to her delight. She loves the dentist. I also had a filling replaced which seems unfair since I do not love the dentist. It's not even a new cavity but I still have to endure the discomfort and the expense of someone who's been a bad flosser.

Tyce went to both the volleyball and choir banquets. At the choir banquet he was awarded "Most Outgoing" and "Most Outstanding Sophomore" boy. Also, he made the elite Chamber Choir and was even appointed Section Leader for the basses in Chamber for next year! Oh, and he also made the dance team.

Concert Choir.

Tyce's award for Most Outstanding Sophomore boy.


Harrison and I went to an awesome performance of Mary Poppins at the Smith Center. The sets were incredible! He was fascinated by what was real and what was acting. ("Is there really tea in that cup? Are those kids really brother and sister?")

We cleaned the house today. We have a long way to go. Afterward we went to The District (Bryce went to REI, I returned a shirt to DownEast Basics) and then we ate dinner at the BBQ place Lucille's. We ate outside and looped Katie's leash to the picket fence outside. She was so very good. The twins, on the other hand, acted as though they had been living in the jungle their entire lives. I told Bryce that if all dogs were as easy-going as Katie every place would allow pets. But if every kid were as loud and unruly as Cam and Harrison there'd be an adults-only policy throughout the world.

Little Miss didn't want to stay on her side of the fence!


Bryce is giving a talk in church tomorrow and I am substituting in Cameron's Primary class. Woo!

And that's about all for now.


No comments: