Friday, April 20, 2012

What I'm Thinking About

Had a great visit with my friend Denalee about life and what to do with it. She is an amazing person--so full of energy and light. I still don't know exactly what I want but I have resolved to do one thing--earn my Young Woman medallion again. In doing all of the value experiences and ten 10-hour projects I'm sure to find personal fulfillment in forward movement. Denalee was one of the ladies honored for earning her medallion last night (as were several exemplary young women, and two lovely "old" women--one of them was 82!) and I was inspired to work on the program with my 12-year-old Mary.

Here are some things I am pondering:

•  Getting a masters in social work or counseling psychology
•  Becoming a street performer (like at the Venetian)
•  Hiring a personal trainer
•  Moving somewhere exotic
•  Getting a reliable office job to build up our savings, OR
•  Running up a huge credit card debt to do whatever the heck I want

Yeah.

Part of me says, "Be responsible, live within your means, and save for a rainy day. You could live to be 100."

The other part says, "Live your passion, throw caution to the wind, and take a risk! Who knows how long you have left?"

If I could meld those two voices into one super mantra I'd know what to do. Probably.


No comments: