Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Confessional

After I teach seminary I am beat. But I have two hours between my return home (7 a.m.) and the boys' start of school (9 a.m.) When the twins start their morning squabbling and bickering I think I must feel like someone who's spent a hard night partying. My head hurts, the sun's too bright, the voices are too loud, and every little "Mooooom!" chips away at my sanity. More than once I have threatened to take them to school super early and chuck their shoes out the car window as I drive away.

Today is one of those days.

Even though Bryce substituted for my class (since my team teacher is out of town). I was not surprised to hear him report that my class was a challenge. He said, "If they had any interest in learning or had anything germane to contribute, it would be easier." Ah, indeed. I thought my morning would be a piece of cake in comparison just getting the big kids up and off to school but I have a new appreciation for what Bryce does while I'm gone. That Mare....she is a challenge as well.


No comments: