Thursday, April 26, 2012

In Other News

I have a new favorite song: He Loves Me, performed by Katherine Nelson and Jessi Osmond. It is the first track on "Live What I Know: Honoring the Values of Young Women" and the 10th on the CD "Shine: Songs for Youth 2012". I'd like to get Mary to sing it with me but the song may be a little difficult for a first performance. Sometimes I wish Tyce were still a child-voiced soprano instead of a manly bass. (Remember when he sang the descant on "Beautiful Savior" when he was 11? That went all the way up to the A above the staff!)

Also, as part of my initiative to change things up I signed up for a yoga class. However, I really disliked it; the teacher was just okay (she didn't model the poses, which I found strange) and the classroom was the dance room--hardwood floors, lots of light, and a full wall of mirrors. The last thing you want when the mantra is "let go, don't worry about how you look" is to see a full-length reflection of yourself twisting awkwardly in the mirror. I was hoping to have the same awesome teacher I'd had before in the same dark, padded room as before. Bryce said, "Well, you tried living life to the fullest. Too bad it didn't work out."

He is so funny.

So instead I'm going to Old Navy.

No comments: