I have the most creative friends. This idea came from Denalee and was also done by Ashley, who have inspired me to follow in their footsteps.
If I could invite anyone, TV or book character or celebrity to dinner, my top 10 invitees would be . . .
1. Paula Deen--to teach me how to cook like she does.
2. Jillian Michaels--to kick my butt after eating Paula Deen's food.
3. e. e. cummings--to whistle far and wee. And write the place cards scrolly-wonderful.
4. Silas Marner, the title character from the book by George Eliot--to weave a table cloth for the occasion. Such a gentle, misunderstood soul could benefit from company.
5. Dumbledore--to make cryptic, wise observations during the awkward silences.
6. Mr. Humphries from "Are You Being Served?"--to inject a high dose of FABULOUS into the night, and to stage an dinner-guest fashion show / musical number!
7. Hyacinth Bucket (Boo-kay) from "Keeping Up Appearances"--just to get an invite for one of HER candlelight suppers with riparian entertainment.
8. Alicia Keys--to sing and play the piano at the same time. No one's ever draped themselves over my baby grand like that.
9. Napoleon Dynamite--to appreciate that "tots" would be on the menu, GOSH.
10. Hurley from LOST--Dude. Do I have to explain this one? To bring us all back to the island!