Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shout out to Ryan Ahr

He was mentioned in #47 of this post and he actually left a comment! Thanks, Ryan! You might be interested to know that I keep my eyes open for pictures now. I did a little google search and found out what you're up to, too. Luckily you have an uncommon name. It's nice to find out about old friends! Keep in touch!

***

In other news, I am watching 4 extra kids today. I may survive . . . I may not.

I planted four strawberry plants and two pepper plants in my tiny garden.

I baked 12 dozen cookies yesterday (only 10 dozen were good enough to present to non-family).

Mary stayed up way past her bedtime last night being naughty. She ate tortillas in the bathroom, among other things, and isn't savvy enough to hide the evidence (thank goodness). I had her cleaning up and sweeping for a while and I was furious that she was up so late and would be grumpy the next day. I told her, which I know is bad parenting and doesn't even make sense, "I'm going to punish you by making you get up extra early tomorrow morning!" Then I fell into my bed and snored the night away.

This morning I heard Cameron--our early riser--vrooming cars and talking to someone. It was Mary! She was up and dressed and getting ready for school. She came into my room and said, "Ha ha Mom, you can't wake me up early because I already did it. I'm punishing myself."

Hey, if she can take over that part of the job for me, I'd have a lot more time for other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh after a very hard day. I love and miss you. I think you are an awesome mom. Take care and God bless.

Mary Scalise

brooklyn said...

mary's ingenuity never ceases to make me smile!