Monday, May 19, 2008

Infiltrated


My house is under attack by robbers and vandals. Well, not the whole thing, not all at once. I find little clues to let me know they're here . . . and they walk among us.

For example, I went to put in my favorite lipstick. Gone. I went to clean the kids' bathroom. There's the lipstick, stuffed inside an empty tissue box.

I found my hairbrush in the undrained bathtub, full of conditioner.

My tin of Altoids is empty . . . again.

I discovered he hose nozzle, broken, by the trampoline. No one knows what happened.

My spoons keep disappearing. I started with 24. I now have 10.

Full, entire bottles of shampoo get poured into the bathtub.

Someone has written on the walls. I'm pretty sure it's gang related.

I can never find my scissors.

Clean, folded laundry has been thrown and scattered, only to be stuffed back into a laundry basket for next week's washing.

A list of foods we can't keep around or they will be stolen:

Crystal light mix
Lemonade concentrate
Candy
Paremesan cheese
Ramen

How to get through to a criminal? I try to use "love and logic" which is harder than it sounds, being that I feel neither love nor logic when I discover such matters.

Maybe someone could recommend a good military school or boot camp or something. Or invent a way for me to be four places at once. Nahhhh . . . just send me a magic wand . . . and a tin of Altoids.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

funny (for the readers ;-) !

i can't stand the bottle of shampoo in their bath water--drives me crazy! we're probably on our fourth bottle in the past two months!

Kimpromptu said...

oh, you bring back memories...
the spoons we found were being thrown away with the yogurt container. The TV remote was found in the coils of the refrigerator on move out day.

And it came to pass....