Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Madness!

I love this one because it looks like Harrison is saying, "Please Lord, give me a new family."


Today was a great day and I took a ton of pictures (or had them taken for me) but what it boils down to is this: I love my four wacky, goofy kids!

The kids (and Bryce) made me breakfast and it was delish. Then we went to church, where all the women got a box of chocolate-covered cinnamon gummi-bears. I know. They sound bizarre. But they are really quite good. Then I helped with opening exercises in YW; after that the girls combined with the boys and I went to RS. Truthfully, I'd have rather stayed where I was, but the men sure were nice to take over our classes so we could hang out with the ladies.

After church we played Settlers with the big kids and I WON but I think there might have been some mercy plays on my behalf. Even so it feels good to WIN. Oh yeah!!!

I got a blender to replace the one that ? broke, and a GC for whatever I want. Have you noticed that I get a lot of kitchen appliances for gifts?

I say this a lot but I am so grateful for how my life has worked out so far. I am grateful to be a mother to the four children I have been given. They are my greatest blessing. I am grateful for our kids' birth mothers for bringing them into this world and I think of them with love and respect. They gave them the ultimate gift--the gift of life. Even though their circumstances were rough, I know that they love their children. I hope I'm doing a good enough job of raising such beautiful children of God.

And . . . I love my mom and mom-in-law!!!


***

The big kids are busy making horror movies starring Tyce's scary face. I know this is a ploy to get out of going to bed . . . and it's working. I love to see them getting along and having fun. (I think they also use this tactic when they have chores to do.)

2 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

Awesome picture!

Mopsie said...

I love the Mother's Day picture, too. It's priceless. It made me laugh to think of the kids making horror movies starring Tyce's face. They're just awesome! (And so are you!)