Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My trip--I can't tell you how much I needed that

For Memorial Day weekend, I flew to see four of the coolest people in the world: my brother David, his sweet wife Brooklyn, and their two adorable girls Cambria and Maya. They are such gracious hosts and treated me to everything they knew I liked--a farmer's market in San Francisco, where I had tamales and the best peaches; a play (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which was awesome); manicure/pedicures; a rousing game of Settlers; long walks in lovely surroundings; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; Chinatown; and great restaurants all along the way.

As you know, I was at the end of my rope when I left, and when I came back . . . wow, what a difference. I'm ready to be a mom again.

Thank you, Cooks, for helping me regain my sanity. I love you all.

Here are some pictures:

At the Farmer's Market. Sorry I cut the girls off but Brooklyn sure looks nice.


Here is a lady who sold jewelry. I don't know if she's posing for me or saying, "I've got my eye on you, paparazzi."


David and Maya.


A really cool water structure. Caima loved to jump from square to square around it.


I tried to get the cool background at the SFMOMA in the picture but all I got was black.


A beautiful bridge at the SFMOMA. As you can imagine, it was very popular with the little girls.


Inside the glass tunnel--notice how the colors have changed!


I just love Chinatown. I wish I lived right here.


If you're going to become a monk, please make sure your institution is sagely.


Cambria makes an adorable little Chinese girl!


Cambria and Maya are super huggable.


Can you believe he's my little brother?


Back at home all seemed to go well, if the kitchen is any indication. In there I found leftover pizza, donuts, and snacks of all kinds. I'm totally grateful and embarrassed that Bryce had the house spotless when I came home. How does he do that?

I was very pleased to discover how much I missed the kids. I love them so much!

4 comments:

brooklyn said...

i'm glad you enjoyed it (despite cleaning way too much in our house :-). we so much loved having you. you are truly a gem of humanity, rebecca.

Rebecca and Co. said...

Cleaning too much . . . you must have me confused with someone else. No one has ever accused me of that before!

You are such a sweetie for having me.

Kimpromptu said...

What freedom! You deserve it! BTW I love your hair! I guess I haven't noticed the layers before.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back to your happy self! That old lady in the picture sure had crazy eyes!!
Heather