Friday, September 30, 2011

A Moment Between a Brother and a Sister

Yesterday Tyce asked me to drop something off to him after an after-school practice. I had Mary with me, and she was amenable to making one more stop before going home. I thought it would be nice for her to be the one to make the hand-off and she was shy but willing. She got out of the car and started walking towards the choir room. Tyce met her half way and enveloped her in giant bear hug.

Finally they separated and Tyce waved a "thank you" to me. As Mary walked back to the car I could tell she was surprised by what had just happened.

Buckling her seat belt, she looked at me and said, "I suppose you think that looked very sweet, don't you. What you couldn't tell is that he practically squeezed my guts out." But she couldn't stop herself from smiling.

The love language of siblings: there's not much higher than a gut-crushing bear hug.

Remember this from Christmas Eve? It's a classic.


No comments: