Friday, September 23, 2011

Better Busy than Dead

 4:58 a.m.  Send text to Rebecca S. saying Tyce has volleyball right after school and I won't be driving Spencer home.

 5:00 a.m.  Speed-shower for the day.

 5:59 a.m.  Leave for Seminary inservice (5 minutes late).

 7:20 a.m.  Remember I have Mary's binders in my minivan; ditch after-meeting conversation to meet Bryce and Mary (and the twins) at the junior high in the nick of time.

 7:35 a.m.  Help finish twins' homework (confession: I drew a picture with my left hand on Harrison's reading log under the prompt "Draw a new cover for your favorite book"). Make breakfast. Give meds. Shower and dress boys. Supervise teeth-brushing. Write excused absence notes. Let them buy school lunch.

8:55 a.m.  Find a place to park at school, just in time for Friday's flag ceremony. Walk boys to their classes. Success!

 9:15 a.m.  Arrive home, pet the dog, check Facebook.

 9:55 a.m.  Put leash on the dog for her salon appointment (5 minutes late).

10:30 a.m. Pick up dog (looking good after her "pawdicure"), go to Fresh 'n Easy. Park in shade.

10:39 a.m.  Drive home with ingredients for a really good salad.

11:00 a.m.  Put stuff away, survey the house. It looks like a tornado came through. Should I get to cleaning? Of course. Will I? Hm, maybe. I have a book I'm trying to read ("Stone Tables" by Orson Scott Card) that is calling my name.

Later the kids will come home and tonight is Basic's Homecoming game against Coronado. I can only imagine how jazzed those high-schoolers are today.

Oh man, it's not even noon and this has already been a long day.


“My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.” -- Erma Bombeck

Oh Erma, we have a lot in common. 




No comments: