Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today

This week it rained so hard the twins wondered if they would cancel school. They aren't used to thunderstorms--to them it felt like what they see on TV, a natural disaster. They were happy to wear hooded jackets and "accidentally" step in puddles going from car to building, though. I feel sorry for those poor teachers who had to deal with the excited and soggy kids!

Yesterday I brought Katie to meet Mary as she came off the bus. It was a gorgeous, cool afternoon. How nice it will be to have that fall weather on a regular basis (eventually--I know we have triple digits coming again).

I got to eat lunch with Bryce today. We have been coming and going in opposite directions and so I met him by his office at a Halal kabob place. I parked by his building and then we walked over together . . . it reminded me of our vacation to NYC. The traffic, the cigarette smoke, and the many different food smells blended together to transport me to my happy place. Or maybe it was just walking with my honey down a crowded street?

We saw this guy:


or a guy wearing this costume, holding a sign for apartment renting. Anyone swayed by Stewie Griffin is not someone I'd ever want to be neighbors with.

Now I'm off to take Tyce to volleyball. Then Mary will come home, then I get the twins, then dinner....this is the price I pay for free time.

(But it's worth it.)

No comments: