Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

1. Yesterday Cam and Harrison were prescribed Z-packs, steroids, and cough syrup for their wicked sickness. The pharmacy guy asked me if I wanted the medicines flavored, because some of them were known to taste pretty bad. I asked the boys and they were excited by the menu of fruity choices; they chose watermelon, sour apple, bubble gum, and orange twirl. I joked that I felt like we were ordering slushes at Sonic.

I don't know what the original tastes would have been, but the flavored meds were horrible (especially the sour apple!). Poor Harrison suffered through his and then rinsed his mouth out repeatedly.

2. Carmen and I finally got together to work out at my house to P90X. We had Carmen's girls, my boys (for just today) and right as we got into it . . . Mary's school called. She was throwing up in the nurse's office. I left Carmen with four kids and a dog while I retrieved my sickie. I feel like I hardly worked out at all! And poor Mary, who did such a good job of getting ready on time and looking nice, only made it through a quarter of the school day.

3. Speaking of school, Tyce handed me his picture order sheet this week. But he went to school today without any money--I never even saw him. Good thing we're getting family pictures (and individual pictures) soon but I feel bad that I dropped the ball on this.

Sometimes it seems like the harder I try the crazier things turn out.




No comments: