Saturday, October 1, 2011

Colt of the Month!

"For being a good friend and a good helper" . . . our Cammer Jammer was chosen to be his class's Colt of the Month!

I was so proud of him when I found out. "When is the ceremony?" I asked.

"Oh. I forgot to tell you. It was today," Cameron replied. "Sister King and Sister Hafen were there, though. They were nice to me and Sister Hafen took pictures."

Well, thank heaven for friends who love my kids and pitch in when I'm out of the loop. Seriously grateful for awesome people like Shannon and Danette.

Cameron and his certificate.

Cameron with Kyle H. and Tommy K., fellow 1st grade Colts of the Month!


I found his invitation the next day, in a pocket of his backpack! Oh man, I wish I had been there. It's always nice to see your children recognized for the good things they do. I sure am proud of Cameron--he's truly a great kid and we all just love him to pieces! Way to go, Cam!

******

In other news, I enjoyed the Saturday session of General Conference. If you saw it . . . how adorable was President Monson? I think he's turning into quite the comedian. I also enjoyed President Packer because it was to the youth (and very good), and Elder Scott because he talked about his love for the scriptures (and he referenced many Old Testament verses).

Also, our dishwasher's been broken for a week and the repair guy must be making money hand over fist, because he's in no hurry to get to our problem. Feel sorry for me, because I have had to do dishes . . . by HAND . . . for like 9 days. Actually, I will confess that I did about 5 days worth of dishes today. And Bryce did about 4 days worth, so maybe we've only had an empty sink twice. I kept waiting for the guy to come! Hello. I'm a modern girl suffering through these primitive conditions, but as I learned in Conference today: I must--and I will--endure.

3 comments:

A Real Kansas Momma said...

I loved hearing the childrens choir during the afternoon session. It sounded so cute. I love when the GA's joke and are relaxed. It makes them more real and personable. All the talks were great.

Silver Strands said...

SO sad that you had to miss the big ceremony. But in the end, the story will be remembered longer than the award!

We were blessed to be in attendance at the Saturday morning session. It was a first time for all of us and was truly awe-inspiring! President Monson was not in attendance until half way through the congregation hymn. I guess not everyone saw him walk in because when Pres Eyring announced he would be speaking there was an audible gasp in the conference center. I agree with you - he gets cuter and cuter! Every message was perfect. But to be there among the thousands with the low buzz before the conference began - than the immediate hush as the first presidency walked in. Wow. And then to stand with those thousands and sing with them. It totally choked me up. What an experience!

Mopsie said...

Congrats to Cam!
We have to catch up on Conference. We missed it due to being in Colorado. The buzz is that it was great! Hooray for online.

Did you get your dishwasher fixed? I don't guarantee the quality of work, but it used to be that dishwashing was what you had kids for. Care to wage another battle???

Love to you all.