Monday, October 17, 2011

The Twins' 7th Birthday!

I told the boys I'd let them have a friend party this year. However, I have yet to plan the thing, and their birthday was September 3rd. Lame, I know. I thought I'd write about their big day after we'd had the big party, but since that hasn't happened yet . . . well, I just need to get on it.

So their birthday was on a Saturday and Cameron and Harrison were so excited to go on a treasure hunt for their first present. We drove to Donna's house, where a surprise awaited them!

Ringing the doorbell. The suspense!

Just inside the door--brand new bikes!

They were definitely due for  updated vehicles.

They were pretty anxious to get on and ride!


Tyce rode with the boys all the way back to our house!

We followed along in the car for a bit. Amazing how some people can ride and pose at the same time.

Going down Burkholder on a gorgeous day. . . you can even see the Strip from here. Thank you so much, Donna, for harboring the bikes until the big reveal!

Later they opened their other gifts.


New shirts from Grandpa Al (who spent the weekend with us), and Grandma Judy.

Their "birthday cake"--during our family party the missionaries showed up and got a cool treat. Perfect timing for them!

While the men watched the BYU game I took Cameron and Harrison swimming and diving at the indoor pool. That night they were scheduled to go to Chuck E. Cheese's with their friend Johnathan (who shares the exact same birthday) but their family had an emergency room visit and couldn't make it. So we had a movie night and called it good. Maybe it was all the excitement but the boys were exhausted by 7 pm.

We love Cameron and Harrison and are so grateful for them. What would life be without these twin boys? Less interesting, less joyful, and less fun, that's for sure. Their different personalities and their super-tight bond make me wish I were a twin myself. I love being a mom to two terrific boys! I hope this will be a great year for them both. We love our Cammer Jammer and Scary Harry!

Birthday lunch at school with Harrison, Emily, and Cameron, super-cute 1st graders.

1 comment:

hwscutie said...

Hopefully ER visits won't become a family birthday tradition at our house so we can celebrate with you guys one year.