Friday, August 3, 2007

My husband has returned.

What I said: "Have a good time, Bryce!" What I was thinking: "Man, why couldn't he have been released from the Bishopric last week so he wouldn't have to go to Girls Camp?"

Bryce went with the Young Women to Duck Creek, where they all really "roughed it" in cushy cabins. He gave a devotional that had the girls talking about spiritual matters an hour after it ended. He played Speed and dominoes with the girls, who were delighted to discover that the "Brother Jones" they thought they knew was one heck of a competitive game player. I think he kept the trash talk to a minimum.

I'm glad he went (now that he's home).

This was his last act as the 1st counselor in our ward. Thewhole bishopric will be released on Sunday--exactly 4 years ago he was called. Back then Tyce was 7 and Mary Rachel only 3 and the twins . . . not even a glimmer in anyone's eye. I look forward to having reinforcements on Sunday, though I will miss Cameron standing on my legs and calling out, "Hi, Daddy!" from the back of the chapel.

Guess what. Tyce performed in his school's talent show yesterday and today, one of his piano pieces from the piano festival. I took the little boys yesterday and you should have heard the wild applause of the crowd when they announced his name to perform. Man, he was a little rock star that day. I would have taken a picture but I was at a horrible angle. Suffice it to say that he looked dashing in his Alex P. Keaton wardrobe . . . I think it made it all the stranger to have him play a recital piece, in slacks and a blazer, when the girls were screaming like he was Bon Jovi (or for my sil Brooklyn, Rick Springfield). j/k

Tyce did a great job.

2 comments:

Mopsie said...

We're so proud of Tyce! And sorry we couldn't be there to hear him. (If you still have an old cassette recorder, you could tape him and send it to us, yes?) Jim is very pleased that Our Tyce is turning into a preppie.
And, yay for Bryce!

brooklyn said...

yay for your whole family! i'm sure it will be VERY nice to sit together again. props to bryce for serving for so long!

and more props to tyce! he is one awesome guy! and i'm sure i would have screamed louder for him than, even, rick springfield :-)! can't wait to hear him play when we come visit soon!