Thursday, July 12, 2012

Backup Singers for Foreigner

How cool is it that Basic High School was chosen to sing with classic rock group FOREIGNER again? Their first time was at Green Valley Ranch last year and it was a blast. This year's invite was the Sunset Station's outdoor amphitheater and I think it was even better. It was more organized and the kids seemed to be a more cohesive group, which I attribute to the awesomeness of their new director, Mr. Duff. On the downside...it was blazing, back-to-normal, miserably hot. No freak perfect weather that day!

Celebrities don't like to be caught off guard.
Part of the Basic High School chamber singers--I chopped off the group at both ends. Tyce is in the middle , of course.

Our view of the stage--we got actual assigned seats for the concert this time.

The lead singer came out into the crowd. Touch him!

The kids waited patiently for their big moment to arrive.

Finally it was time--they got to sing " I Want to Know What Love Is" on stage with one of the most famous bands in the history of rock 'n roll!

They loved it and rocked the stage!

I was glad I got to share the night with one of my BFFs, Jen. She is my concert-going buddy. How nice for us that both our kids are in choir!
Sorry for the exclamation points but it was a (!!!) kind of evening! I love that Foreigner invited our kids to share their spotlight for the night. It was super fun and I know it's the kind of thing those chamber singers will be talking about for a long, long time.


No comments: