Sunday, June 24, 2007

We gave talks today

Bryce and I gave talks in sacrament meeting today, kind of a last hurrah before attending the new ward in (?) weeks. The topic was keeping the Sabbath day holy. Remember when I told you about our FHE re: the sacrament, and how we only take one piece of bread? Cameron repeated that to me many, many times during the week: "Just one! Just one piece of bread for the sacrament!" I guess he's just good at repeating what he's heard and no so keen to actually change his ways. Today I think he may have gotten a record 4 pieces of bread before the tray left our row.

Anyway, I sat with the children, of course, until it was my turn to speak. I am of the philosophy that less is more when it comes to public speaking, so I keep my remarks on the short side. I think, no matter how awesome your material is, or your delivery is, people tune you out after 15 minutes. You have to pick and choose the most important things to say. This is almost always a good thing, because for every person like me (and Bryce) you have 10 others who seem to lose all concept of time when in front of a microphone. Today was no exception.

Went to the marriage and family relations SS class, which is awesome, and then to RS where we discussed the parable of the pickle (!!!). Oh, how I need an attitude adjustment.

Well, I'm off to do some LTSP (long-term strategic planning) with Bryce. Can you believe that Tyce's birthday is in a week-and-a-half? He seems pretty excited to finally be 11 like all of his classmates.

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

parable of the pickle??? was that supposed to be a cliff hanger?

Rebecca and Co. said...

I will hyperlink the reference in the post. It is a GC talk from April.