Wednesday, June 6, 2007

It's coming down to the wire

I might not post for a while. The computer will go down in a in the next couple of days and I don't know when it'll be hooked back up. I will leave you with my highlights list for the week:

Best season finale: LOST, though it raises more questions than it answered. Charlie, I will miss you. Locke, I love you but you scare me. More Sayid, please.

Best kid accomplishment: Tyce's team's miraculous win in the single-elimination tournament. Remember, his team was like 2-20 this season, and one of those games was "won" because the other team refused to play in the wind. Bryce said that Tyce personally had a great game. Tyce's Mt. Charleston field trip is today (Wed.), the same day as the next play off game. He is really disappointed at not playing but he reports via telephone that he's having a great time with his classmates on his field trip.

Craziest day: Today. The kids (twins) were wild animals. While Bryce was in the garage with them, Harrison got a huge red Marks-A-Lot and scribbled all over the inside window of the mini-van. And Bryce was RIGHT THERE!!! Luckily it came off with quick action and vigorous scrubbing. Harrison also drank part of a bottle of children's liquid allergy medication, threw a large cup of water, crushed raw eggs while standing at the refrigerator, and refused to take a nap.

Biggest help: Dessa and Amanda coming over to watch the boys while Bryce and I packed. Hooray for Young Women. All of the above incidents happened before and after the girls came over.

Hardest room to pack: Master bedroom, because of the closet. It has been a catch-all for a long time.

Whiniest family member: Mary Rachel, complaining about her homework.

Scariest phone call: Finding out my mom is in the hospital with cellulitis and strep or staph. I think she is going to be fine but they are keeping her in for a whole week. She entered the hospital on Monday--if you know my mom, please keep her in your prayers.

Happiest moment: Talking and working with Bryce. He took the day off.

That's about all for now. Talk to you soon (but perhaps in a few days).

No comments: