Monday, May 21, 2007

Stuff I like--Tuesday edition

1. Kids Discover magazine. I like this for myself, as well as my kids.

2. Touched by an Angel re-runs. I think everyone needs a good cry daily.

3. My hair stylist, Patti. Part magician, part therapist.

4. Books by Christopher Paul Curtis. My favorite is Bud, Not Buddy. I absolutely LOVE the audiobook, read by James Avery (the father on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"). I highly recommend checking it out from the library.

5. Kellogg's All-Bran bran muffins recipe. I always replace all but 1 T of the oil with a mashed banana. We have these every-other Monday for breakfast.

6. The new vase I bought from Bob Dias' import store. See above post for a picture.

7. Squares. I love the symmetry of squares, especially in decorating: square mirrors, square windows, square picture frames, for example. Another passion is circles, for the same reason. I tolerate rectangles, and dislike ovals (or triangles, but those aren't common).

8. Season finales this week!

9. My very good friends, near and far. Thank you Rebecca S. and Jen for watching my boys this week.

10. IKEA catalog. Can't wait for the new one in a few months, even though I don't have a store close to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does the vase look like?
What does "squares" mean?
Enjoyed your list!
Love, Mom

brooklyn said...

ooooo....i'm excited about the lost finale.

and glad you like your stylist--it's so hard to find a good one!

Rebecca and Co. said...

I have embellished the post. I can't wait for LOST either!