Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just a Quick Note

Busy, busy and I have misplaced the camera. Don't worry, I didn't lose it. (I don't think I lost it . . .) It's just buried somewhere in a pile of this and that. But I can't show you anything interesting in this post, so I'll just have to tell you.

"Harrison and the Hoo Hoo." Sounds like a good title for a book, eh? Harrison loves Tyce's recorder, which he calls the Hoo Hoo because of the sound it makes. Bryce and I have stayed up late making jokes about the Hoo Hoo, such as, "Miss Universe contestant, you've won the Miss Congeniality contest! And to think, you owe it all to your Hoo Hoo!" We think we are hilarious. P.S. Did you watch the Miss Universe pageant last night? I would guess not. Did we stay up till 11 p.m. to find out that Miss Japan won? We'll never tell . . .

Cameron's speech is really coming along. He is so clear and articulate. Yesterday Bryce cleaned out the garage and the boys wanted to help so they needed to put on their sandals. I tried to help Cameron with the straps and he said, "I can do it myself. I will do my best. I will do it my best." How cute is that?

Saturday was a quarterly Primary activity at the park. There were lots of water balloon games and other warm-weather favorites. There were 5 groups of kids who rotated between activities. One fun activity was an ice cream eating contest--each child had one bowl, no hands. Guess who won: Tyce in his group, Mary Rachel in hers. They were manic, I tell ya. What this really means is that are deprived at home, of course. I really wish I'd brought the camera.

We went to Lowe's yesterday (Monday) to buy the garage door opener, window coverings, and ceiling fans for the new house. Bryce and I have experienced hideous shopping experiences before but this one might have taken the cake. You will be surprised to discover that the main trouble makers were our two oldest children. We had the stubborn-and-bothering child and the micro-managing, justice-enforcing child. They did not mix well. Eventually Bryce left with the bottom 3 and left the oldest with me. We had two pallet dollies filled with boxes. One had a bockety wheel that made it nearly impossible to push. Two or three hours later (after delerium had set in) Bryce came to pick us up with our stuff.

This was a super fun Family Home Evening: we made homemade ice cream in Bryce's new (from Christmas) ice cream ball. We sat on the floor and rolled it back and forth between the children and ourselves, then played "monkey in the middle" with Cam because he couldn't handle rolling the ball (he wanted to keep it for himself). The ice cream tasted good but the consistency could use some tweaking.

Well, I'm watching children this morning and I have some cleaning to do. I can't believe that we are moving on June 9th. I am really, really excited. I am really, really overwhelmed.

No comments: