Friday, May 4, 2007

Spilling the Beans (finally)

Now we're back to me in the blogging world. Didn't Bryce do a great job on his post? In it he mentioned his new co-clerk Betsy . . . well guess what. Betsy is our s-i-l Brooklyn Cook's first cousin. (Brooklyn is married to my brother David). Thanks to Kellie for making the connection. So Bryce and Betsy are practically cousins-in-law. Cool, eh? That never happens to me.

So it's been a few days since we put up a new post. How can I keep you up-to-date on the simultaneously mundane and ever-changing life of the Jones crew? Every time I sit down to type I have a minor emergency to attend to. Or a wave of guilt as the dirty dishes call to me. (How did I get such whiny tableware anyway?)

Shall I spill our big news? Okay, here it is. We're buying a new house. Ta-DA! I don't see any reason to keep it a secret anymore, except for the doom-and-gloom part of me that says, "Disaster can strike at any moment and ruin all your plans for a happy life." But let's put that aside for now--wanna see some pictures?

Front of house, family room, side view of kitchen, master bedroom, backyard.

Big News is always followed by a Barrage of Questions. Check out our FAQ section:

**********

Where is your new house?

It's about a quarter-mile from our old house, up toward the mountains more in a new development. Same schools, but different ward (Palo Verde).

How big is it?

It has 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, and 2-car garage. I believe it is a bit over 3100 sq. ft.

When can you move in?

Our closing date is at the end of the month.

Hold on . . . you bought a new house, but what about your old one? You already sold it?

Yeah, about that . . . No, our current house isn't sold yet. Do you know anyone who's interested?

So you got a good deal on the new house, or you just like huge amounts of stress?

Duh, we do not like huge amounts of stress. Who comes up with these questions? We got a great deal on the house as it was standing inventory (Builder's term for "the other buyer flaked out and now we have a finished house with no occupant"). We're in Vegas, so we're "gambling" that the old house will sell quickly. (Get it?)

*********

So anyway, my mind is at the new house and my body is here at the old one. And that, dear friends, is the much-anticipated BIG NEWS.

7 comments:

brooklyn said...

how exciting!!! it looks amazing and so....new...sigh. congrats!

brooklyn said...

oh, and how crazy is it that bryce works with betsy!!! she's one of the coolest girls on the planet. please say hi and send love from us!

Anonymous said...

ha ha - though I might beg to differ about being one of the "coolest girls on the planet" (especially with my Roberts cousins kickin around), I must say that I'm thrilled to know that Bryce and I are practically c-i-l :)

Thanks for the compliment Brooklyn! Crazy small world eh? Love your blog btw

Darrell Crowther said...

That is such great, exciting news!!! What will our ward do without you? :-( For real, we will all miss being with you every Sunday. But we still have book club! (insert the strains of "Together Forever Someday")

Your house looks so beautiful and I am very, very happy for you. And not that I'm inviting myself, but that looks like a great party backyard!

Vigoren Family said...

Wow, I'm sure the twins will love finding new things to pull and prod at in that big place!

Hello Betsy!! So good to find you in such a random way! I hope you're doing well. I agree with Brooke. You're the coolest!

Rebecca and Co. said...

Thanks for the good wishes. Visitors are welcome any time!!!

Anonymous said...

House looks huge and a great amount of fun!!! I can't wait to come visit! Get the guest room ready!

Heather