Thursday, May 17, 2007

Little Bits o' This n' That

I am woefully one-dimensional these days. Pack, clean, plan, dream of things I can't afford, re-pack, re-clean after the twins undo my handiwork . . . repeat 100 times daily. I am a hamster on a wheel. Also, I need better shoes.

Tonight is the book club meeting where we discuss "The Chosen." Guess what, Angie. I can't go. Wah! Tyce has a baseball game and Bryce has a stake Bishopric training right after. I am really bummed, but guess what again. I haven't even finished the book. See, I'm too one-dimensional to even finish a book. I can only assume (hope) that I will be back on track by next month.

In other news, Tyce and Bryce had a big talk about the correlation between dressing nicely and doing well in life. Bryce said that if Tyce got straight A's this term he (B.) would buy him (T.) a Nintendo Wii (wee). This is a good move on Bryce's part, since he personally really wants a Nintendo Wii. Anyway, I don't know what started the discussion but Tyce cottoned (sp?) on to the idea and decided that wearing a suit to school would be key in ensuring his academic success.

So . . . Tyce has been wearing slacks, shirt and tie, and a blazer to school all week. Responses to his clothing range from amusement: "When are you getting married?" (teachers) to shock: "Why are you wearing THAT?" (friends) to ridicule: "You look stupid!" (lame kids). He brushes it all aside and tells people, "My dad said it is a scientifically proven fact that people who wear suits are successful in life." That's not what Bryce said, but it does lend credence to an otherwise unusal 5th-grade wardrobe choice. So I guess he's trying to prove that "theory" correct. (I hope he does. I will admit that he looks quite sharp. I'm a stickler for good grades, and they both really want that Wii.)

Cameron has begun to play with a teddy bear like a dolly. He pretends to change its diaper, rock it to sleep, sing, etc.

Harrison has a new trick, which is riding his tricycle in the house. It is not my favorite.

Harrison and Cameron are outside playing "boats." They are in large Rubbermaid containers on the patio. It is very hot out there and I'm sure they wish they had some real water to go with their pretend boats.

Mary Rachel's CD du jour is one featuring Yo-Yo Ma. If past experience proves true, she will listen to this for a week or two, several times a day, and then request something new to try. Other obsessions have included Pavlo, Enya, Les Miserables, and Songs for Young Women, vol 2. She seems to like classical or gentle music. I say hooray to that.
.
Last Friday my friends Jennifer, Rebecca S., and I planned a surprise BDP for our dear friend Allison's 30th. It was at a karaoke place. All went well: decorations got up, cake eaten, lots of friends, birthday girl surprised. The singing was questionable, but enthusiastic. I had a really good time, and Bryce even played air guitar for a short bit on Van Halen's "Jump."

Speaking of birthdays, today is special . . . it's my mom's birthday!!! Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!







1 comment:

brooklyn said...

that is so funny and awesome about tyce. it would be very alex p. keaton...if the reason behind it wasn't a wii! that's hilarious.

i echo the happy birthday wishes to mopsie!