Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Funnies

First of all, I must have done a pretty good job on Bryce's "Three Things" because he hasn't refuted anything (yet). I think his biggest objections are/will be to the "movies" section. At first I had "Goonies" and when he looked over my shoulder he harumphed and said, "What? Goonies?" so I quickly changed my answer. Sheesh, I don't know.

Well anyway, moving on. This morning Mary Rachel said, "Mom, I know you don't want me to talk about it, but I did dump Jalen. Do you know what 'dump' means, Mama? It means you used to have boyfriend and then you broke up with him."

And last night, very thoughtfully: "Mom, when you were a kid did you ever think of a really evil plot that you really wished would've worked out?"

Yesterday after school Tyce mowed the front yard. After he was done he opened the bag of lawn clippings and saw something moving inside. He dumped some of the contents on the driveway to see better, and guess what . . . there was a baby mouse in there. He and the neighbor boy ran over to tell me. Then they figured that if there were one baby, there might be others . . . so Tyce took the bag into the desert across the street to look. All together he found 11 mice in the lawn mower bag. He let them go in the desert. Isn't that disgusting? He didn't mow them up off the grass--we think a mom decided to have her babies in the bag. I guess that doesn't qualify as funny, except for the screams that were heard upon discovering the initial movement amongst the grass clippings.

3 comments:

Dad77345 said...

Now if it would have been SQUIRRELS instead of mice, I would have congratulated him on mowing them up!

So tell us more about this Jalen breakup. Hmmmm... seems like we musta missed something here j/k.

Dad

Rebecca and Co. said...

Luckily there is no heartbreak in the 1st grade!

I'll have Tyce come visit you with the lawnmower and see what varmits he can catch for you.

Dad77345 said...

Yeah but he'd have to bring his own lawnmower since mine hasn't been started in 7 years! But you can send him w/o lawnmower- he can help clean the rain gutters instead.