Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I Might Take a Class

I went swimming last week with the twins. You may already know this but I am not swim team material. I took lessons for the first time in 3rd grade and by that time I had a lot of fear built up; I reluctantly learned to not drown. These days I have a lot to catch up on when it comes to form. I don't know if it's because my breast stroke is manic or what, but I always get a great workout in the pool. If it didn't involve me getting wet I'd probably swim every day.

The rec center has some water aerobic classes. I'm thinking of taking one but I don't want to show up the octogenarians. Just kidding, they would probably kick my butt. We will see.

I am also thinking of signing up for yoga again. I went today to drop in but guess what--the teacher had taken the week off. So now I have to decide if I want to commit sight unseen. The last time I signed up I ended up dropping it because I didn't like the teacher's style and my super-thin yoga mat did nothing to protect my bony hips from the hard wood floor. But now I have a squishy thick mat; half of my problems are solved. Again, I'll keep you updated. Inquiring minds want to know.

All of this is in an effort to make good on my new mantra: I am an active person. Just trying to add to my existing activities of treadmill intervals, walking the dog, and racquetball. (Racquetball has been so incredibly fun.)

In other news, my dad is gaining mobility in his right arm. That's a good development, for sure.

No comments: