Thursday, February 13, 2014

Heart Full of Love

Yesterday my dad had neck surgery. He was miserable before but only consented to the operation when his right side started to go weak and numb. I'm sure no one wants to go under the knife until something like that becomes the sign that now's the time. Anyway. The doctor's assistant said that is looked like a bomb went off in there--arthritic spurs, pinched and squished nerves. No wonder he was in so much pain. My dad came through surgery just fine except that his arm weakness was worse than before. He couldn't even lift his arm higher than his waist. So he had a second surgery today to remedy that. I pray that all goes according to plan.

I sent him a message wishing him well. He responded and ended with this:

I love you and am very proud of you Rebie- I don't tell you often enough but I do. Dad

Ay yi yi, tears in the parking lot of Food 4 Less as I read that sweet note. 

Then I texted Bryce to tell him about the second surgery. He responded:

If you need to go home (I know your family is not like that) just let me know.

Sheesh, tears again in the produce aisle. Good thing I was by the misted lettuce. Just got a little something in my eye.

I have good men in my life. The best, honestly. I really, really do.

My heart is full of gratitude for people who give to me so much more than I deserve: credit, encouragement, freedom, and love. 


No comments: