Wednesday, June 13, 2012

School's Out For the Summer

Remember when I said I had a last day of school gift for the kids? I decided to get them towels for swimming, goggles (sunglasses for Tyce), flip flops, Pringles (for Tyce--Takis) and Powerades. Yay.

I was told I picked these gifts "like a boss."



I'm not gonna lie, our summer schedule has not turned out as expected. The best laid plans and all of that. To our unpleasant surprise, the big black cloud is on the horizon again and it remains to be seen whether it will pass with a few showers or become a raging storm. That colors everything else we do in the coming months. All I can say is that when it rains, it pours.

So far we have been swimming, and that's pretty much it. I have chore charts and workbooks but they've only been followed with marginal success. My mind has been elsewhere, including finishing up preparations for Girls Camp. The kids have been watching way too much TV. So maybe for them the summer has actually been great so far.

I took the kids to see Madagascar 3 and it was pretty much just like I imagined it would be. My expectations were low and they were almost met. I am looking forward to seeing Brave though. Did I tell you Bryce and I saw The Most Exotic Marigold Hotel? I loved that one. As part of my "when it rains it pours" I got a ticket for expired registration (1 day!!!!!) on the way to the theater. Wah wah.

Also, today the minivan was in a car accident.

Luckily no one was hurt.

I will end with a grammar joke Tyce told me.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
To.
To who?
No, it's to whom.

Now I'm off to YW to do final preparations for Camp. I know it will be great. But  maybe you'd better wish me luck anyway, you know, just in case. Ha.


1 comment:

Aranne and Dan said...

Sounds like things aren't going "just as you have planned them"...but hang in there. I am sure the kids don't mind hanging out and watching TV just like you said. Just relax, enjoy them being home and enjoy Girls Camp... you do know that I am jealous right??!! Hope that your dark cloud passes and your summer is great! Call me if you need something.