Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mother's Day Love

The kids gathered in my room to give me breakfast in bed and to present their gifts to me.

Bryce ordered these pretty flowers from the Newport Ward. I love the boys' faces.

Gourmet.

Cam's presents he made at school.

How sweet is that?

I'm not really into chocolate but I do look good at parties, I will admit.

Harrison's page. He also made me a tile.

Do I have a sweet boy or what?


I am blessed to have great kids.

Me, dressed up for church. The Mother's Day gift to the women was a Dove chocolate bar.


My good-lookin' bunch. Cameron kept moving and making crazy faces.

But check him out now that Tyce has held him still!

I can't express how much these children mean to me. I know down to the deepest part of my soul that they were meant to be in our family. My husband and I can't call down the powers of heaven to create lives ourselves, but we can honor those who do, who created and brought forth our wonderful kids. I am happy to share the title of Mother with those ladies because there's enough love to go around. We are all part of the plan and I know that one day I will be able to thank them for giving me the greatest gift of all--the opportunity to be MOM to some of this world's most special sons and daughter.

Once there were two people, who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call mother.


Two different lives shaped to make yours one.
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.


The first gave you life, and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you the need for love, and the second was there to give it.


One gave you nationality, the other gave you a name.
One gave you the seed of talent, the other gave you aim.


One gave you emotion, the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.


One gave you up, it was all that she could do.
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.


And now you ask me through your tears, 

the age-old question through the years. 

Which are you a product of?
Neither my darling, neither - Just two different kinds of love.


--Legacy of an Adopted Child, by Unknown


No comments: