Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

Okay, I've moved on from my Sunday sob-fest. We'll see how things go next week, shall we? Seriously, the only way to go is up . . . or at least that's how it seems from my vantage point.

I am getting ready to help Tyce and his friend Ashley study for their Spanish class. I took Spanish for two years in college, so surely I'm qualified to tutor beginning 9th graders . . . well, that's what I keep telling myself. I hope it all comes back to me and that I do more than amuse the kids with my amazing rendition of the song "La Bamba."

Bryce went to Mary's field trip today, to a Las Vegas 51s game. He enjoyed being with Mary's friends--girls are so different from boys. It was some sort of kids' day at the baseball stadium, and the place was packed with fellow field-trippers. Bryce says they spent almost the entire time waiting in line for food!



Our little Katie girl went in today to be spayed, poor thing. We pick her up this evening and was told she would be sporting an "Elizabethan collar." Sounds almost fashionable. I guess that's better than calling it "the cone of shame" like Dug did in the movie UP.




I hope her recovery is quick because I won't be able to tolerate Mary's wails of empathy otherwise.

Tyce has started playing the piano again and I love hearing him play and sing songs like "Apologize" by One Republic and "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars. It is great to have music ringing through the house.

Guess what. Mary has been sneaking wearing my make-up. At first I really couldn't tell--she'd been wearing Vaseline on her lips for a while so I was used to the shine. But then one day I noticed her eyes really "popped" and I realized, Holy Mother of Maybelline, that she had on mascara AND lipstick. Who knows, maybe she had blush and eyeshadow too, but thank heavens she's dark-skinned so my colors don't show up on her. I hid my favorite expensive cosmetics and left a few Walmart-bought lipsticks and a blush so she can get the satisfaction of playing dress up without touching my stash. I would say she still isn't obsessed with being super-girly, but she's definitely interested.

Oh, and the best news of today is that it's my mom's birthday! I love you, Mom!

Okay, that's all for now because Ashley's here and it's time to get our estudio on.

No comments: