Thursday, May 5, 2011

Before I Forget

 Oh my goodness, I do love these 6-year-old boys and the super-cute, super-sincere things they say.

Harrison on the left, Cameron on the right.

One morning Bryce talked to Mary through our intercom system, urging her to get up. He tried talking to the dog, saying, "Katie, this is your father. Come downstairs." Then Cameron got on and in his said in his Darth Vader voice, "Mary . . . this is your father . . . come to the wild side."

Yesterday at breakfast Harrison asked what I was eating. I showed him my bowl. He nodded approvingly and said, "Bananas in Rice Krispies . . . I invented that."

At bedtime the boys chose stories from the upstairs bookshelf to have me read. When it came to the Disney book "The Aristocats" Cameron's eyes lit up. He'd obviously forgotten what it was called, because he said, "Oh, it's been a long time since we've read this one! Here, Mom. Let's read 'Prissy Paws'."

The boys and I took Katie to the park one afternoon. She herded Harrison like the sheepdog she is, pulling him down and setting him in his place. Harrison said, "Mom, I heard you and dad talking about Katie 'hurting' me. But she just runs after me with her teeth, and it doesn't hurt at all."

No comments: